There is no doubt that knee scooters have revolutionalized the world of ambulation aid. This scooter is very effective especially if you want to recover from a surgical operation that may have been carried out on your leg. There are many brands out there selling these scooters.
We have reviewed top 10 best knee scooters. If you want to purchase a know scooter, you can buy one from the reviews below.
List of Top 10 Best Knee Scooters in 2018 Reviews
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Knee Scooters in 2018 Reviews
- #10. AW Adjustable Knee Scooter Walker
- #9. KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter Steerable Knee Walker
- #8. Drive Medical Dual Pad Steerable Knee Walker with Basket
- #7. KneeRover HYBRID Knee Scooter with All Terrain Front Axle
- #6. CO-Z Steerable Foldable Knee Walker Roller Scooter with Basket
- #5. Essential Medical Supply Free Spirit Knee and Leg Walker
- #4. Goplus Heavy Duty Knee Walker Steerable Knee Scooter Foldable
- #3. KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter Knee Walker Crutches
- #2. Swivelmate knee walker/scooter
- #1. Drive Medical DV8 Aluminum Steerable Knee Walker Crutch Alternative
- There are different factors to consider when buying a knee scooter
#10. AW Adjustable Knee Scooter Walker
This scooter is adjustable and has a shopping basket. It is one of the best scooters available on the market today. This adjustable scooter weights 20 pounds and has a capacity of up to 300 pounds. It features a padded contoured knee pad that offers comfort and increases control level. It features on-wheel brakes for effective braking.
This scooter comes with a decent price tag. The scooter is great and offers a solid support. It is well-balanced, adjustable and offers great comfort and stability. It has a great frame for support and durability. Even though the product scores high, some customers say that Brakes are inoperable.
#9. KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter Steerable Knee Walker
This is a steerable knee scooter. This knee scooter weighs 21 pounds and can support 300 pounds. This is a perfect choice for those recovering from surgeries or related problems. It is a great knee scooter for those people with leg imputation, mobility issues, broken leg, fractured leg, ankle complication or any other related problem.
This scooter comes with 7.5 inches wheel that easily and perfectly rolls on different surfaces. This scooter has great shock and impacts absorption capabilities. It has perfectly adjustable handlebars and also a padded knee platform. This scooter is very easy to use. It is a perfect size and has been made using top quality frame material. It rolls smoothly on different surfaces and features reliable and highly-effective dual braking system. Some customers claim that turn radius of this scooter is not tight.
#8. Drive Medical Dual Pad Steerable Knee Walker with Basket
This knee scooter has a wire shopping basket. You can easily and conveniently buy some stuff in the mall and put them in the basket. It is a reasonably priced scooter that offers a decent value for your money. This scooter features in the list of top reviews. Most customers recommend the product due to its efficiency, performance, and convenience. This knee scooter aids your mobility after a successful surgical operation or injury.
It is easy to use and store scooter as it measures 30x16x31 inches. This knee scooter is lightweight and can support up to 300 pounds. It is an adjustable scooter that has been constructed of light and sturdy aluminum material. It features a silver vein finish. It has a well-padded platform for comfort and maximum support. This scooter is very easy to steer and rolls smoothly.
#7. KneeRover HYBRID Knee Scooter with All Terrain Front Axle
Unlike most knee scooters, this knee scooter features all-terrain front axle upgrade. It has a shopping basket and effective braking system. This scooter weighs 21 pounds and can support 300 pounds. It has been constructed from a good quality metal and has a very attractive finish. This scooter is great for indoors and outdoors. It has 10-inch pneumatic wheels that offer a smooth and perfect ride.
The knee platform has been perfectly padded with thick, soft and durable material. It has ergonomic handlebars that come with rubber layer for perfect grip and safety. The shopping basket provides a convenient storage point. This is an easy to fold and store knee scooter. It rides smoothly and does not produce too much noise. It is comfortable and versatile. Handlebars of this scooter don’t bend. This makes it difficult for it to fit in most vehicles’ trunks.
#6. CO-Z Steerable Foldable Knee Walker Roller Scooter with Basket
This is one of the best knee scooters available on the market. It is lightweight and very comfortable. This scooter has been made using high-quality aluminum material and can support 350 pounds. This scooter features 8 inches anti-skid wheels that provide a smooth ride. It has adjustable handlebars that have a height of up to 40 inches. This scooter has a padded knee platform that offers the necessary comfort and control.
This scooter has a shopping basket where you can also put your items. This scooter has ergonomic hand brakes that feature loop lock. Unlike most scooters, this offers a smooth and a quiet ride.
#5. Essential Medical Supply Free Spirit Knee and Leg Walker
As the name suggests, this scooter is essential. It can support a weight of up to 400 pounds. This is a good quality scooter that has been constructed using the best-quality aluminum frame. It is a perfect choice for those suffering from leg problems or any other related medical condition. This walker is lightweight but very sturdy.
This scooter is portable and foldable. This means that you can easily fold and store it. It does not take much of your space. This scooter weighs 22.5 pounds and measures 32x15x18 inches. The scooter is easy to use and offers a smooth ride. This scooter does not have a storage basket.
#4. Goplus Heavy Duty Knee Walker Steerable Knee Scooter Foldable
This is a heavy duty knee walker. This scooter features a unique design and a perfect choice for those suffering from knee complications and related problems. It can support a
weight of up to 400 pounds. This scooter has a sturdy and very durable frame and large 8 inches rubber wheels for perfect grip.
This scooter rides smoothly and has minimal vibrations. The handlebars are adjustable; this scooter has handbrake lock that improves control and safety. The knee platform is well padded. The scooter is easy to clean and has a comfortable seat. This scooter is an ideal choice for people recovering from surgery.
#3. KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter Knee Walker Crutches
There is no doubt that kneeRover is a reputable brand. This is one of the best and most convenient scooters you can find on the market. It rides smoothly and has minimal vibrations. It has 9 inches pneumatic wheels. This scooter has solid tires that maintain firm grip on surfaces. It has best-quality shocks that reduce discomfort from bumpy surfaces.
This scooter weighs 35 pounds and can support weight of up to 40 pounds. It has a padded knee that offers comfort, support, control and stability. It is lightweight, easy to carry, has adjustable handlebars, and solid frame. Some customers say the steering of this scooter is not great.
#2. Swivelmate knee walker/scooter
Most people love this scooter because of the best turning radius. It has 90 degrees turning radius. The steering is flexible and very easy to control. This walker weighs 22 pounds and has a 3 inch padded knee rest. It I very easy to ride this scooter; it is safe and very convenient. This scooter has powerful disc brakes and a tool-free assembly.
It features a shopping basket that allows you to shop small and important items. This scooter is the best we have on this list of reviews. It has passed all the necessary tests and standards. This scooter has been recommended by most users.
#1. Drive Medical DV8 Aluminum Steerable Knee Walker Crutch Alternative
This is a great scooter that has adjustable handlebars. This scooter can support a weight of up to 300 pounds. It has a good size and padded knee pad for comfort, safety and easy control. This scooter has been made using the best quality aluminum material. It is a great knee scooter that comes with a decent price tag.
It is stylish, easy to clean, solid and well-balanced. It is lightweight and very effective. According to the latest customer reviews, there is no doubt that this scooter is among the best. The only problem with this scooter is that it does not have a shopping basket.
There are different factors to consider when buying a knee scooter
These are the factors you need to consider when buying a knee scooter
- Knee cushion: When you are buying a knee scooter, you should ensure that is has a perfect cushion for you know. A knee cushion will maximize the comfort and experience. It also offers added stability comfort and also confidence when riding a scooter.
- Lightweight: A knee scooter should not be heavy. It should be lightweight because the person riding a knee scooter may have undergone a surgical operation or is recovering from a related complication. A heavy scooter will not serve the purpose.
- Effective braking: A knee scooter should have effective braking system. A scooter with poorly designed or ineffective braking system is dangerous. A good scooter must have locking park braking system as well. When you are buying an electric scooter, you should do a good research on the effectiveness and efficiency of brakes.
- capacity: These scooters vary in size and quality. When you are buying a knee scooter, it is important to buy a scooter that will support your weight. Of course the scooter should be lightweight but should be able to carry sufficient weight. A scooter should not weight more than 35 pounds.
- Frame and basket: Many people don’t know the importance of a basket they are in the recovery mode. If you are trying to recover from a broken leg or a related complication, you will note that it is much difficult for you to carry important items or shop minor things. A basket will help you to shop some items. When you’re buying a knee scooter, you should first know your weight and look for the best knee scooter with the best frame and a basket.
- Price: It is important to buy a knee scooter that fits your budget. These knee scooters have been made by different manufacturers and they all vary in quality and size. You should buy the one that is affordable and the one that will not dig so much into your pocket.
Knee scooters/walkers offers great help to those people suffering from knee complications or those who have undergone a knee surgery. It is important to select the best and most convenient depending on your condition. These scooters are available in different sizes. You can choose the most suitable for the above reviews.