Knives are an important part of kitchenware. They help in easy preparation of food through chopping, slicing, and mincing. They come in various types, and each serves a particular purpose. Cleaver knifes are one of these types. These are knives made with necessary heft and weight to enable them easily chop hard items. This makes them great tools to add to your kitchen.
However, you need to choose the best cleaver knife if you want to get the maximum benefit from these knives. The following is a comprehensive guide to help you make a wise decision.
List of Best Cleaver Knifes in 2020
Table of Contents
- List of Best Cleaver Knifes in 2020
- #10. DALSTRONG RAVAGER Cleaver Butcher Knife
- #9. TUO Cutlery Cleaver Knife 7″
- #8. SPEVORIX 7-inch Stainless Steel Cleaver
- #7. ZWILLING J.A. Henckels International Classic 6-Inch Cleaver
- #6. Dexter-Russell (S5288) – 8″ Heavy-Duty Cleaver
- #5. Imarku 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Chopper-Cleaver
- #4. ZELITE INFINITY Cleaver Knife
- #3. Winco Heavy Duty Chinese Cleaver
- #2. Utopia Kitchen 7 inch Stainless Steel Chopper Cleaver
- #1. Top Chef By Master Cutlery 7” Chopper/Cleaver
- Features to look When Choosing a Cleaver Knife
#10. DALSTRONG RAVAGER Cleaver Butcher Knife
If you are looking for a flexible cleaver knife for medium to heavy-duty tasks, this is choice to go for. Dalstrong Ravager is carefully crafted with quality materials making it perform extraordinarily in cleaving. It is lightweight and has a unique shape that makes it agile and maneuverable.
- Pointed blade: The 9” blade of this knife makes it great for skin removal and accessing tight spots.
- Made of sturdy materials: This knife is made using high-carbon steel with 55 HRC which makes it tough and serve you for a long time.
- Hand ground cutting edge: This feature enables efficient chopping with little effort. Sharpening the knife is also easy and fast courtesy of this feature.
- Black Pakka wood handle: The handle provides the user with a firm and comfortable grip for safe use.
- Polymer sheath: It facilitates safe storing of the cleaver in a drawer.
#9. TUO Cutlery Cleaver Knife 7″
This is a cost-effective cleaver knife that can you can use in light and medium cleaving tasks in your kitchen. It is made of high-quality German steel with a hand-polished edge at 18 degrees for each side. This explains why it comes at an affordable price yet with very high quality.
- Full tang: This design gives it added stability, strength and sturdiness.
- Thick and hard handle: The two properties make it stay straight and avoid being cracked. The handle is made of Pakkawood which gives the cleaver a colorful appearance.
- Uniquely design blade and handle: This gives a user great control and chops items easily.
- Oil proof and resistance to corrosion: Oil and corrosion are two problems that make many people buy cutlery regularly. This cleaver is resistant to both which means it will serve you for a long time.
#8. SPEVORIX 7-inch Stainless Steel Cleaver
Designed to be used on an assortment of kitchen tasks, SPEVORIX is a quality cleaver made from stainless steel. It is made through the traditional hot-forging procedure mixed with the modern heat treatment technology. The result is a top class kitchen tool that can make things easier for you when preparing food.
- Pegging hole: There is a hole in the blade that facilitates easy and safe storage.
- Full tang: The cleaver is well balanced courtesy of this full tang. This facilitates prolonged use without getting tired.
- Pakkawood handle: This great handle gives a smart and a comfortable grasp. It is also not vulnerable to deformation or breakage.
- Tough Blade: This cleaver’s blade can cut through all sizes of ingredients regardless of their toughness level. Sharpening the blade is also fast and easy.
#7. ZWILLING J.A. Henckels International Classic 6-Inch Cleaver
The J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic is a long and a heavily built cleaver that can practically cut through any ingredient used in the kitchen. It is highly resistant to stain courtesy of it carbon-rich stainless steel material.
- Polished satin finish: This decreases resistance and drag.
- Precision Cutting edge: It has Henckels precision cutting edge ground to 15 degrees on each side. This gives an efficient and clean cut and makes its sharpness last for long.
- Curved belly: This enables rocking if need be. It also makes it possible to transform the cleaver into a full tang for added balance, weight, and stability.
- Hooking hole: There is a hooking hole on the blade for easy storage.
- Thermoplastic POM (Polyoxymethylene) handle: The ergonomically designed handle gives the user a comfortable and firm grip. It is steadily attached to the tang with three rivets for durability and safety.
#6. Dexter-Russell (S5288) – 8″ Heavy-Duty Cleaver
Dexter Russell (s5288) is a strongly built cleaver that is well balanced to handle any cleaving task you may subject it to. The brand is known for making quality cutlery, and this one doesn’t fail. The knife comes with an 8″ hefty blade made of high carbon steel fastened to a wood handle using 3 strong rivets.
- Full tang blade: Has a strong full tang blade that can withstand prolonged use on hard items. It won’t break or bend, and it is also very easy to sharpen.
- Slightly curved edge: The cutting edge is slightly curved to enable a user to rock the cleaver easily.
- Polished rosewood handle: It has a wooden handle made of polished rosewood that gives the cleaver an attractive look. Its ergonomic design ensures a firm grip.
- Hanging hole: There is a hole in the topmost corner of the blade which allows easy storage of the cleaver knife.
#5. Imarku 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Chopper-Cleaver
Imarku is efficient and safe to use cleaver knife that isn’t too heavy or too light. It has a blade of 7” and a handle of 5”. This makes it measure a foot in length in total. The stainless steel used to create it is 100% 7Cr17.
- Ergonomic Pakkawood handle: This makes it soft to touch and possess antibacterial property which is good for your hygiene and health.
- Lightweight: Although the knife may appear large in size, it is very light. This makes it easy to hold and cut precisely.
- Excellent edge retention: You don’t have to sharpen this cleaver after every use since the blade can stay sharp even after rough use.
#4. ZELITE INFINITY Cleaver Knife
This is a stainless steel made cleaver with a 7” blade. It is resistant to corrosion, rust, and stain. It is well suited for rugged performance.
- Hand polished Blade: This decreases drag and cutting resistance.
- Heavy Blade: The cleaver is equipped with a heavy blade which allows powerful and precise cutting.
- unique tapered bolster: This gives a professional pinch grasp and offers a hygienic surface to deter food from getting stuck.
- G-10 glass/fabric reinforced epoxy resin Handle: This gives a comfortable handle. It is also durable and very stable.
#3. Winco Heavy Duty Chinese Cleaver
Winco is a stainless steel cleaver that is designed to handle heavy duty tasks. It is one of the most reasonably priced selections in the market today. The cleaver is highly durable and top quality despite being coming at a low price. It has a tough wooden handle that easily accommodates the weight of the stainless steel blade.
- Resistant to corrosion: This ensures it maintains its beauty even after contacting moisture present in most ingredients.
- Dishwasher safe: The feature removes the trouble of hand washing the cleaver after using it.
- Comfortable handle: The handle is designed to conform to the shape of your hand. It gives you comfort when cleaving which makes the whole exercise enjoyable.
- Heavy for added force during cutting: This makes it easy to cut through hard ingredients.
- Affordable price: Replacing the cleaver isn’t an issue since it comes at a low cost.
#2. Utopia Kitchen 7 inch Stainless Steel Chopper Cleaver
Utopia kitchen chopper is an extremely tough knife with an ergonomic design. The handle feels natural to the touch and is comfortable and firm to grip. The 7” blade of this cleaver can maintain its sharpness for a very long time. It is also very sturdy and can cut through the toughest ingredients you may have in the kitchen.
- Balanced weight: Its weight is proportionally distributed between the handle and blade making it easy to use.
- ABS+430 handle: This offers precision handling and easy maneuvering.
- Sharp Blade: This makes the cleaver comfortably handle any type of cleaving need you may have.
- Heavier weight: Being heavy makes it more durable and be able to handle the toughest cleaving tasks.
- Dishwasher safe: Washing the cleaver is easy since it can be washed using a machine. However, regular use of the machine isn’t encouraged to ensure it maintains its high quality.
#1. Top Chef By Master Cutlery 7” Chopper/Cleaver
For the people with a fixed budget but still want to own a great cleaver knife, this is the choice to pick. It is a well-designed cleaver that gives excellent functionalities despite being in the lower end in terms of price.
- Hollow ground: This prevents food from sticking.
- Non-slip surface: It ensures safe and comfortable use of the knife.
- Extremely sharp: The cutting edge of this cleaver is precision sharpened for smooth usage.
If you are in need of a cleaver to assist you in chopping ingredients in the kitchen easily, you can’t go wrong by choosing one of the above top 10 best Cleaver Knifes in 2020. You will discover one that best suits you in terms of handle preference, weight, and budget among others.