If you’ve spent some time on the water recently, then you must have seen water mats in use. These floating mats have taken water play to a whole new level. They have quickly become a must-have accessory for beaches and swimming pools. And the good thing about water mats is that they are great for kids, adults and dogs.
Summer is fast approaching and most people are gearing up for some time by the beach. If your plan is to spend some time next to the water, then a floating mat will make your holiday much more interesting. You can lie on it and get a tan while soaking in the sun and summer breeze. Some of these mats are even big enough to take a whole family so you don’t need to buy one for each person.
List of Best Water Mats in 2020
Table of Contents
- List of Best Water Mats in 2020
- #10. Fun Float Floating Water Mat
- #9. Fedmax Floating Mat for Lake or Salt Water
- #8. Intex Giant Inflatable Floating Mat
- #7. Floating Oasis Lake Pad/Water Mat
- #6. Aquaglide Sun Seeker Splash Pad Floating Water Mat
- #5. Texas Recreation Sunsation Floating Mat
- #4. O’Brien Water Carpet with Grommet Kit
- #3. Airhead GANG Mat
- #2. Wow Sports Inflatable Floating Water Walkway
- #1. Rubber Dockie Floating Water Mat
- Product Buying Guide: What features to consider when buying water mats
#10. Fun Float Floating Water Mat
The Fun Float Water Mat is made of excellent material and comes with a high-density cell foam which helps increase the tensile strength of the product. There’s no installation required, simply roll it out when you want to use it and when you’re done, roll it up into a small bundle. The mat can take up 1250 lbs – this is about 7 or 8 people making it a great choice for a big family.
It is superior to other water mats because of its super soft memory foam that provides ultimate comfort. It has a vinyl coating that makes it ideal for extreme weather conditions. This also makes it resistant to UV rays and chlorinated water. One unique feature of this mat is the headrest that’s integrated into the mat which makes it a great choice for lounging in the pool or beach.
- The mat is made by a brand that doesn’t compromise on quality.
- Made of only high-grade materials hence it is virtually puncture- resistant.
- The inner material has a closed cell foam for lasting durability
- It has an anchor system for safe tethering.
#9. Fedmax Floating Mat for Lake or Salt Water
If you’re looking for a thick and tough water mat, then Fedmax is a good choice. It comes with a rope to tether it in place as well as other accessories to keep it stationary. The mat is large and can take a whole family of up to 1540 lbs or even a group of 10 adults. There are also two velcro straps that make it easy to roll up on-the-go.
- Made of durable and tear resistant material.
- Can be used in freshwater or saltwater.
- The dimensions are 18 feet by 6 feet.
- Great for use in a lake or saltwater
#8. Intex Giant Inflatable Floating Mat
Intex water mat is a huge floating mat made for groups of people or an entire family. It comes in a great ergonomic design for maximum comfort. You will also find several Intex connect ‘N float connectors to make it easy to attach this mat to other floating objects so you can keep it stationary.
- Has 2 air chambers for more safety.
- It is made of high-quality vinyl that is free of allergies.
- It is easily foldable into a small size.
- The mat measures 114 by 84 inches
#7. Floating Oasis Lake Pad/Water Mat
The Floating Oasis Lake Pad is a premium water mat that is designed to take more than 1500 lbs. It comes with velcro straps and a bungee cord for secure anchoring. It is made of a tough material that makes it resistant to tears and punctures.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty water mat that is easy to roll up and stare away, then the Floating Oasis might just be the answer. It also comes in bright colors for optimum visibility and safety.
- Made of high-quality material in the USA.
- Made with multi-layered polythene (PE) foam.
- It measures 6 by 15 feet.
#6. Aquaglide Sun Seeker Splash Pad Floating Water Mat
If you’re getting ready for a summer packed with water fun, then Aquaglide floating water mat might be the answer. It’s affordable and large enough for a family of four.
It’s made of heavy-duty PVC and can withstand harsh water conditions. This mat was built to last and can be quickly inflated or deflated. You can even attach it to several other Sun Seeker mats to create a single mat.
- Made of heavy duty material.
- Compact and easy to transport.
- Easy inflation and deflation.
- Measures 10 by 6 feet.
#5. Texas Recreation Sunsation Floating Mat
This is one very comfortable floating water mat that has a super soft and smooth surface. It’s coated with vinyl which ensures that the product is protected from UV rays, salt, and chlorine water. With this coating, you will get a mat that is long-lasting.
There is also a pillow constructed into the edge of the mat which is used as a head and neck rest.
- Measurement is 70 x 26 inches.
- Hand-made in the USA.
- Brightly colored yellow.
- Does not require inflation.
- Made of closed-cell foam.
#4. O’Brien Water Carpet with Grommet Kit
If you’re searching for a simple grommet water mat for easy tethering, then the O’Brien water carpet is an ideal choice. Constructed from heavy-duty material, this water mat is sturdy, massive in size (can take up to 6 adults or 8 children) and easy to fold up and store away.
- Measures 18 by 6 feet.
- Is about 1.25 inches thick.
- Comes with a Grommet kit included.
#3. Airhead GANG Mat
The Airhead GANG Mat is a great floating water mat that is designed for 6 people. You will receive 4 grommets for tethering the mat to a dock or boat. It also has two sides with two different colors so you can switch sides whenever you choose.
- Comes with two extra inflatable stabilizer fins.
- Has zip connector for stability and comfort.
- Made of high-quality PVC material.
- It is durable and tear resistant.
#2. Wow Sports Inflatable Floating Water Walkway
Wow, water walkway mat is a popular choice in the water mat market. The product is used for professional water sports as well as for relaxation. It measures 10 x 6 feet and can take up to 6 people comfortably.
You can walk and play on this mat because of its stability. The grommets make it even more stable and the high-duty material does a good job of making it tear resistant.
- It has a zipper system for attachment to other water mats.
- Has grommets on each side for easy securing.
- Made of heavy-duty PVC material.
- Can be expanded into a big island.
#1. Rubber Dockie Floating Water Mat
The Dockie floating water mat is one of the best products on the market and is loved by many consumers. It is brightly colored to keep you safe and is a multi-purpose mat. Perfect for use in saltwater or freshwater, you can’t go wrong with this affordable product.
It is a large floating water mat measuring 18 x 6 feet and can take 6-8 people comfortably. The package comes with a 12 ft bungee tether option to keep it stable and 2 velcro straps for secure storage.
- Accommodates up to 1,200 lbs.
- Easy roll up and storage.
- High-quality Tear-Stop nylon material.
- Has a Tuff-Hide outer membrane.
If you have not taken the plunge on a floating water mat, then you are missing out on loads of fun. These mats can provide hours of entertainment for the whole family and if you’ve always wanted to walk on water, then this is your best chance!
Kids and adults can play, run, and jump off of them. Water mats are a great pool accessory for family and group activities. Before buying one though, make sure you check the product out for quality, durability, and size.
Make sure that it meets your needs in terms of size and the weight it can carry. If you need a headrest too, then make sure to check on this feature as you can’t attach a headrest to most mats. Remember, if you plan to use it in water with high currents, it must have a tether to keep it from floating away.