Classic and professional drivers love cars with a desirable sound. However, achieving the sound can be expensive because you have to purchase some chargers. If you want a simple and quick fix, an exhaust pipe cutter will do the job and it is more economical.
Other than giving your car a loud noise, the exhaust pipe cutter increases your car’s horsepower performance. It is designed for speed and safety, making it suitable for both DIYers and professional tasks. Below is our guide with the best exhaust pipe cutters, and I hope you will find a perfect model for your needs.
List of Best Exhaust Pipe Cutters in 2023
Table of Contents
#10. JEGS 81393 Exhaust Pipe Cutter
JEGS 81393 pipe cutter is built to cut pipes precisely in tight spaces where most saws can’t reach. It is equipped with sturdy and sharp blades designed to stay sharp for long, and they resist rusting well. The pipe cutter has long handles that provide ultimate grip so that you can handle any task.
This pipe cutter is designed to cut from 3/4 inches to 3 1/2 inches in diameter, and you will never struggle when cutting pipes in tight spaces. It has a 12-in-1 adjustable chain with 15 cutting wheels that ensure a smooth cutting process. With it’s lightweight design, you can carry it anywhere without needing much effort.
- Designed to cut pipes in tight spaces
- Equipped with sharp and sturdy blades for smooth cutting
- Features long handles that ease handling
- Cuts from 3/4 inches to 3 1/2 inches in diameter
- It features a 2-in-1 adjustable chain with 15 cutting wheels
- Lightweight and simple to carry anywhere
#9. Fauge Universal Car Exhaust Pipe Cutter
This is another functional pipe cutter that allows you to have maximum control to achieve precise and smooth cuts. The pipe cutter has handles that guarantee enough comfort, and you can use them even with slippery hands. Furthermore, the flexible design of this cutter makes it perfect for cutting pipes where space is limited.
It is great for cutting thin wall tubing up to 2.5mm thick. The cutter has a corrosion-free construction that makes the cutter reliable for everyday tasks in all-weather conditions. Moreover, the whole cutter is heavy-duty, simple to use, robust, and can handle a wide range of pipes.
- Great choice for cutting exhaust pipes
- It gives enough control over your task
- It is equipped with handles that give maximum control
- Flexible design allows you to cut pipes in tight spaces
- Cuts thin wall tubing up to 2.5mm thick
- Boasts a corrosion-free construction
#8. Laser Tools 7660 Pipe Cutter
If you are looking for a lightweight pipe cutter that will enable you to finish your job within minutes, Laser Tools 7660 pipe cutter will be the best selection. It has a spring-loaded grip that ensures ultimate control, and the cutter is suitable for cutting most exhaust systems. Besides, the pipe cutter has a vice grip mechanism that gives enough pressure when in use, helping reduce hand fatigue.
The pipe cutter is designed to cut pipes up to 80mm in diameter, and it is made from quality materials that enhance durability and better performance. You can use it to cut copper, plastic, steel, and aluminum pipes. It has hardened blades that through all pipes, and they are corrosion-resistant to improve durability.
- The cutter is lightweight and flexible
- Has spring-loaded grip for control
- Features vice grip mechanism that reduces hand fatigue
- Cuts pipes with up to 80mm in diameter
- Made from reliable and durable materials
- Equipped with hardened and corrosion-resistant blades
#7. UTMALL Exhaust Pipes and Tailpipe Cutter
The pipe cutter is equipped with sharp blades designed to cut most pipes without causing any dents or damage. It has a flexible and lightweight design that makes it great for cutting pipes in tight spaces. Besides, the pipe cutter has handles designed to give comfortable grip, and you will not need to apply much pressure on the handle.
It has 19-83mm cutting capacity, and it gets into tight spaces without causing any damage. The pipe cutter is constructed from heavy-duty and powerful material that will help you cut most pipes, and it can be used during all weather conditions.
- It has sharp blades that cut through most pipes
- Boasts a flexible and lightweight design
- Equipped with handles that provide comfortable grip
- Has 19-83mm cutting capacity
- Constructed of powerful and durable materials
#6. 648634 2 Pc Exhaust Set KIT9
This set comes with everything you need to replace or repair exhaust pipes with a diameter of up to 3-1/2 inches. It is a great tool that can be used for expanding and cutting exhaust pipes even in areas with limited space. Furthermore, it has cutting rollers that help you get clean and straight edges.
The tool will suit most pipe cutting situations, and it boasts a heavy-duty construction that will withstand everyday use and weather conditions. It features a storage case that makes it convenient to carry anywhere and store anywhere you want. You will find instructions in the case that will guide you step-by-step on how to use the set.
- It can expand pipes up to 2-7/16” in diameter
- Comes with a storage case with user instructions
- Perfect for cutting exhaust pipes up to 3-1/2” in diameter
- Suitable for cutting and expanding exhaust pipes
- It has cut rollers that give smooth, sharp edges
- The construction is heavy-duty and will withstand years of use
#5. Grip-On 12-Inch Chain Pipe Cutter
With Grip-On pipe cutter, you can make pipe cutting a simple job, giving accurate results every time. The tool has simple ratcheting action that helps eliminate hand gripping effort, and it improves tracking. Furthermore, the butterfly screw enhances simple feeding while cutting, and it has 15 steel cutting wheels that cut hard-to-reach pipes, making it great for plumbing and general pipe maintenance.
It can be used to cut through copper, PVC, steel, galvanized steel, and aluminum. The pipe cutter cuts up to 5mm wall thickness, and it has a diameter capacity of 20mm to 115mm. In addition, the sturdy construction will offer enough strength and durability.
- It has a no-pinch lever that unlocks the pliers
- Features heat-treated chain with a capacity of up to 6-1/4”
- Suitable for cutting galvanized steel, steel, PVC, aluminum, and copper
- Equipped with comfortable grip handles that ease handling
- Made of high-quality materials that enhance durability
- Cuts up to 5mm wall thickness, and it’s diameter capacity is 20mm to 115mm
#4. Performance Tool Pipe Cutter
Performance pipe tool cutter is a reliable tool that efficiently cuts exhaust and tailpipe components with more accuracy. It has an adjustable 12-inch cutter chain resistant to rust and corrosion, making the cutting ideal for use in different environments. Furthermore, the tool has a flexible and small size that allows you to cut pipes even in tight spaces without any struggle.
It cuts pipe diameters from 3/4 to 1/2, and it has a simple design that makes it easy to cut pipes without applying too much pressure when pressing the handles. In addition, it has a simple handle design that makes it simple to use, and it will give a reliable performance.
- Suitable for DIY pipe cutting
- Features an adjustable 12-inch cutting chain
- Features a simple to use handle design
- Cuts through pipes measuring from 3/4 to 1/2
- It is flexible and simple to use
#3. Mrcartool Exhaust and Tailpipe Cutter
This pipe cutting tool is constructed of quality carbon steel that is sturdy, strong, and it will withstand everyday use without being damaged. You can use this cutter for most plumbing projects because it gives precise cuts every time. It is designed to cut pipes up to 3mm thick.
The tool has 15 blades that cut through blades hassle-free without causing dents or damage, and it needs 1/4” rotation to finish a cut. You will find a cutting wheel on each roller to enhance smooth and fast tracking. Furthermore, the tool is designed for both on/off the car cutting of exhaust and tailpipes with diameters between 3/4″ to 3-1/4”.
- Made of quality, strong, and durable carbon steel
- Suitable for any pipe cutting or plumbing task
- Cuts pipes up to 3mm thickness
- Equipped with 15 smooth-cutting blades
- Has a cutting wheel on each roller for fast tracking
- It suits pipes with diameters ranging between 3/4″ to 3-1/4”
#2. OEMTOOLS 27045 Tailpipe Cutter
OEMTOOLS tailpipe cutter is built for cutting exhaust and tailpipes with diameters ranging from 3/4″ to 3-1/4”. You will find a cutting wheel on each roller that gives smooth tracking, and it ensures precise cutting. It is a lightweight cutter that weighs 1.35lbs, allowing you to take it anywhere, and it can be used for on and off cutting.
The tailpipe cutter has cushion grip handles that provide ultimate grip when doing your job, even when your hands are slippery. You will not require much power to press the handles, which will help reduce hand fatigue so that you can work for long. It has a small size that allows you to cut pipes with ease, even in areas with tight spaces.
- Cuts pipes with diameters ranging from 3/4″ to 3-1/4”
- Each cutting wheel has a roller for smooth tracking
- Lightweight, weighing only 1.35lbs
- Features cushion grip handles that give enough grip
- It has a small size that allows you to cut pipes in tight spaces
#1. GEARWRENCH Tailpipe Cutter
This is a high-quality tool suitable for cutting pipes in hard-to-reach areas without causing damage. It is equipped with 15 blades that effectively cut pipes using a simple 100-degrees rotation. Furthermore, it has strong handles that are slip-resistant, and you will not require much pressure when pressing the handles hence eliminating hand fatigue.
You will love it’s lightweight design that makes it simple and comfortable to carry anywhere. The tool is made from quality materials that enhance durability and better performance. You can use it to cut copper, plastic, steel, and aluminum pipes. It has hardened blades that through all pipes, and they are corrosion-resistant to improve durability.
- It cuts pipes 3/4” to 3” and 19mm to 76mm in diameter
- Designed for hard to reach areas
- Equipped with 15 blades that cut smoothly
- Features strong and comfortable handles
- Made of quality and durable materials
Things to Consider when Choosing an Exhaust Pipe Cutter
- Maintenance: Like any other tool, an exhaust pipe cutter requires regular maintenance for it to function perfectly. Some of the basic maintenance includes cleaning and oiling the pipe cutter. It can be a bit costly to do maintenance if you are using the tool for commercial tasks. The best thing is buying a tool that doesn’t need much maintenance, and the maintenance should be worth it.
- Durability: Unlike regular pipe cutters, an exhaust pipe cutter should be made from a heavy-duty material that will cut pipes smoothly. It should be strong enough to cut through copper, plastic, steel, and aluminum pipes. The tool should have powerful blades made of stainless steel that can cut through most pipes. Stainless steel is rust-resistant, corrosion-free, and it is easy to maintain. Therefore, choose a cutter made from high-quality materials that will enhance performance and durability.
- Price: Price is an important consideration any buyer should keep in mind. Like any other product, exhaust pipe cutters have different prices. The cutters with basic features come at an affordable price, and they are suited for simple jobs such as cutting thin pipes or plastic pipes. However, if you want a pipe cutter that will provide ultimate durability and performance, choose the slightly expensive cutters. They deliver more quality in terms of performance and durability.
Whether you are doing a maintenance job or installing an exhaust pipe in your car, having a quality exhaust pipe cutter is important. With many exhaust pipe cutters in the market, there is no doubt that you will find a perfect model that will suit your tasks. When you use one of these tools, you will see the convenience it brings to your job. They will give you access to tight areas, and you will achieve smooth cuts with no burrs.
Leave a Comment